Tuesday 28 July 2009

Time for Harvest


Whilst out waking on Saturday I came across a field of wheat and straight away I was reminded of the scripture…Behold, I say to you, Lift up your eyes and look on the fields, for they are white to harvest already (John 4: 35)

The image before me of the field (see above) had an unexpected impact. I was for a moment totally overwhelmed by what was before me. The sheer number of sheaths of wheat was immeasurable.

Again as my eyes struggled to take in the scene before me I felt the Lord tell me this was the state of our nation…many lives just waiting to be saved! Just as the wheat is ready to be harvested, and in a sense fulfil it’s purpose to become food, millions of lives are waiting to be introduced to the Father to find the true purpose and reason for their lives.

I then watched as the wind the blew across the wheat and gently weaved it’s way across the field. Again I was reminded of a scripture……Truly, truly, I say to you, The Son can do nothing of Himself but what He sees the Father do. For whatever things He does, these also the Son does likewise (John 5: 19.)

Again I felt God speak to me …Just as you see the wind move the wheat it touches so you need to look and see where I am already moving on lives. As I move so you need to move, follow my lead.

Blessings from Cornwall!

Andy

No comments: