Friday 30 December 2011

Looking Back

I have always tried to look forward but every now and then find myself looking back over the years, especially around this time of year.

I often recall the Christmas's gone by when I was a child. They seem almost magical, golden memories. Some of those memories involve people who are no longer sadly with us, grandparents, relatives and friends. Invariably these memories come with a sense of sadness.

My struggle has always been to enjoy the moment. When I am in 'a moment' I have often found myself thinking 'I can’t wait to tell people about this', how good it was, often at the expense of 'the moment' itself.

Today many people want to capture 'the moment', preserving it forever in digital memory but maybe at the expense experiencing the said moment, not just in full HD or 3D but fully immersive 'D'!!

If I had to chose give me my memories any day over a picture or video. I know my version will be edited, incorrect even, but it is mine forever, absolutely personal! It will not decay or fade in quality, it may evolve but it will always be there.

What is my point, not sure really other than to say we need to live and indeed love our lives. We will never get this time again, even if we believe in an eternal life. This time will not come around again.

Don’t miss out on the many moments that life still has for each one of us. Grab them, receive them, enjoy them and immerse yourself in them.

Don’t be a bystander in this gift of life we have been given, get involved, however you can.

Andy

No comments: