Thursday 23 February 2012

Sacred

Last Saturday we (EQUIP) held our second in a series of six meetings entitled Restore in Bristol.

We have now been holding these meeting for 12 months and have had some great times of praise and worship and ministry. But this Saturday was something else.

I have not felt God's presence like I did on Saturday for many years. I am sure there are many reasons for this. But one particular aspect which I know played a significant part was my reading of Exodus and Leviticus over the previous weeks.

What the Children of Israel had to do to maintain relationship, forgiveness and righteousness with and before God was extraordinary. This has led me to appreciate, value and cherish so much more what Jesus did on my and our behalf. Making a way to restore our relationship with the Father.

But I also realise how much more sacred this relationship is. When we read and understand about the acts of sacrifice and ceremony in the Tabernacle we can gain a new understanding of the holiness and glory of God

Today God desires a deeper, more intimate relationship with you and me more than we will ever truly understand. Sacred indeed.

Andy

No comments: